- Sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms
- Oil fired central heating
- Let starts Saturday
- Min stay 7 nights during peak season (April to October)
- Winter short breaks available November to March (excluding festive period and Feb mid term)
- No Dogs
- 10 miles from Inverness
- Fantastic base to explore the Highlands
- Woodland walks
- Wood burning stove
- Free parking
- Starter and breakfast packs available from £20
- 1 Double room with en-suite bathroom
- 2 twin rooms, one en-suite and one with adjacent shower room
- All linen and towels included
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Washing Machine
- Flat screen Television
- DVD player
- Selection of books and DVD’s
- DAB digital radio with ipod/iphone docking
- Additional mezzanine living area
- Free parking
- Veranda with outdoor seating
- Private garden
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Complimentary ‘The Tub’ luxury toiletries
- Complimentary tea, coffee, fresh milk and Tunnocks Teacakes
- Bird feeding station
- Free WIFI
Rowan Lodge is a beautiful cosy Scandinavian Lodge situated on our croft in a picturesque area of The Black Isle in Scotland and offers lovely views of the surrounding countryside. This is a perfect opportunity for a quiet break in the beautiful surroundings of Big Sky Lodges. Relax on the veranda to watch the wildlife or just sit and gaze into the distance, (no traffic sounds at all, well maybe one car).
The interior design is simple and stylish, making good use of natural materials to create a calm and comfortable living space.
We have added a touch of individuality with several pieces of hand-made furniture and original artwork. The open plan design of the ground floor is entered from a large veranda at the front. The living room with its log burning stove leads through to the dining area and fully equipped kitchen. Rowan Lodge has one double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and two twin rooms, one en-suite and one with adjacent shower room. There is also an extra sitting room upstairs – great for kids! This larger design has a cathedral ceiling which gives a contemporary atmosphere of space and light.
There is a garden area around the lodges and ample car parking right beside the lodges with ramp access to the veranda.
Big Sky Lodges are solid log houses from Finland. As well as being strong, the breathable log structure balances the indoor humidity and temperature, making it a healthy place for you and your family.
The croft offers a safe place for children to play or admire our resident horses and highland cows. There are miles of footpaths through nearby Spittal wood which can be reached through a charming blue gate at the bottom of the Big Sky driveway.
The Lodge’s layout
Veranda with outdoor seating. Open plan living room with cathedral ceiling and wood-burning stove, dining area and fully fitted kitchen. One double bedroom with en-suite bathrooms and two twin bedrooms, one en-suite and one with shower room adjacent.
Additional mezzanine living area upstairs
Great play area for kids or relaxing with a good book.
Oil fired Central heating, electricity, towels, linen, (finest Egyptian cotton sheets) and logs for the stove are included.
There is an open garden area at the front and outdoor seating on the veranda. A gate at the bottom of the Big Sky Lodges driveway leads to lovely woodland walks.